An experienced litigator, Chad Taylor has handled cases which run the gamut – ranging from ten-thousand-dollar car wreck cases to a thirty-five million dollar landslide matter. He has assisted plaintiffs in recovering multi-million-dollar settlements and obtained defense verdicts and summary judgment dismissals for defendants. Regardless of the value of the case, each matter is important to the client, and is therefore important to Chad. As a general litigator at Simmerman Law Office since 2007, Chad has had the unique opportunity to represent plaintiffs and defendants in diverse areas of the law including: personal injury, product liability, nursing home neglect, oil and gas industry contractual matters, wrongful termination/discrimination, construction defect, engineering professional liability, wrongful death, medical malpractice, breach of contract, and general commercial litigation. Chad has tried cases in magistrate court (civil), circuit court (civil and criminal), and federal court (civil), and is an experienced appellate advocate, having argued multiple issues before the West Virginia Supreme Court, argued before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and drafted a brief submitted to the United States Supreme Court.
Chad has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star, and is BV®(Distinguished) Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- 2007 – JD from West Virginia University College of Law (member of Moot Court Board, and selected as a National Member of the Order of the Barristers for exhibiting excellence in courtroom advocacy)
- 2004 – BA in political science from West Virginia University (magna cum laude)
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- 4-H adult volunteer (including serving as a counselor at a week-long youth camp each summer)
- Leader of youth club at Faith Way Baptist Church, Philippi, WV
- Youth sports coach (soccer, basketball, and baseball)
- Former President of the Philippi, WV, Lions Club
- Former member of the Harrison County, WV, Bar Association Board of Directors
- Former member of the Barbour County, WV, 4-H Camp Board