Simmerman Law Scholarships
A college or post-graduate education gives students the chance to study their field of emphasis that will help them with their pursuits later in life. We are offering at least one (1) annual $1000.00 scholarship, and potentially additional annual scholarships at our sole discretion, to West Virginia based students who are starting their first year of college or graduate school, and who have a general interest in law. We believe that helping students and families now will give them the opportunity to create a better future for West Virginia, and beyond.
We believe that helping students and families now will give them the opportunity to create a better future for West Virginia, and beyond.
What Are the Scholarship Qualifications?
- Students must be in or planning to enter their first year of college or graduate school, at a West Virginia college, university, or graduate school.
- Overall, current GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- To receive scholarship funds, you must be living in West Virginia (with a West Virginia mailing address) at the time of the scholarship’s due date, and be attending, or have attended, a high school in one of the eligible counties below.
- Provide a digital copy (PDF, JPG/PNG) of your college/graduate school acceptance letter and include the college letterhead. If you do not have your letter, we also accept other forms of proof, including an email from the college/university/graduate school stating that you have been accepted, digital transcripts, or a screenshot of your first course load.
- You must also write an essay on the topic mentioned below and provide us with your contact information.
- A general interest in law.
Submit a unique 500+ word essay on this topic:
You are considering opening a business in West Virginia five years from today. What type of business are you opening, how will your business be different than existing businesses, and how will your business benefit West Virginia?
After the application period closes, Simmerman Law Office, PLLC will select the winner(s). We’re looking for an essay that’s well-written with a unique and creative perspective, that aptly addresses the question above. The essay MUST be attached as either a WORD or PDF document. Please attempt to adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay. Please cite any sources used and proofread. By submitting your essay, you grant us the right to put the essay on our website.
The Application Process
Your subject line in your email MUST start with your name then be followed by “Fall 2021 Scholarship” (Example: Frank Simmerman Fall 2021 Scholarship”).